Saturday, July 09, 2005

Introduction

A few years ago, a friend and I started getting interested in methods of taking charge of life. We were losing weight at the time and wanted to transfer our methods of success from that domain to the rest of our lives. Jokingly, we came up with the goal to create The Ultimate Plan of Greatness, which would encompass everything necessary in order to make all aspects of our life Great.

Anyway, life happened. I gained back all of the weight I lost and then some and dropped a lot of the good habits I'd aquired. One of the reasons is that it's so easy for me to lose track of what I'm doing. Say I'm trying to bring your lunch to work every day instead of paying more for less healthy food at the cafeteria. I can do great for six months and then miss one day because of a crisis and another for travel, and before I know it, I've forgotten about my habit and I'm eating 2$ slices of lukewarm pizza every day.

I hope that this blog will be a tool for me to keep track of my goals and to be a repository of information that I've found useful. It'd be great if I could help other people while I'm at it, and of course I'd love it if they could help me by commenting.

Here are the basic categories of my goals and some sub-goals, unordered:

  • Health & Fitness
    • Weighing 160-170 lbs.
    • Being injury- and pain-free.
    • Dunking a basketball (a "reach" goal if there ever was one.)
  • Career
    • Meeting my current goals at work.
    • Grad school?
    • Doing good.
  • Primary Relationship
    • Planning dates with my gf.
    • Working on issues as they arise.
  • Mental Health
    • Not being overly stressed.
    • Not being sad too often.
    • Not being lethargic too often.
  • Financial
    • Save/invest x$ per month.
  • Social
    • Create new friendships.
    • Maintain old ones.
    • Join clubs.
  • Fun
    • Reading
      • x books per month/year.
    • Get some more hobbies.
      • Martial-arts?
    • See social.
    • Stretching my boundaries.
      • Dancing?
  • Miscellaneous Personal Growth
    • Educational reading.
  • Meta (goals which will help me acheive the other goals)
    • Blog regularly.
    • Use my time wisely.
      • Limit net surfing, tv.
    • Be organized.
    • Keep things as simple as possible.
    • Translate goals and subgoals into habits, schedules, and routines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home