Wednesday, August 24, 2005

New 30-Day Challenge: Calorie Deficit

I'm feeling especially motivated these days, and the circumstances in my life are conducive towards releasing body fat: For the first time in a while, I'm in a low-stress environment, I have sufficient free time, I have a gym I like to go to, the weather is beautiful, and I've kicked my sugar "addiction." I'm going to try a new 30-day challenge, which will overlap with my no-sweets challenge.

Starting tomorrow morning, I will average a 500 calorie per day deficit per week for four weeks. I will hold myself accountable for each 7-day period, so for example if in the first 6 days I eat 2500 total calories fewer than I burn then on the 7th day I'll have to eat 1000 less than I burn. Since I usually have a hard time eating fewer than 2500-2800 calories on a good day and according to Fitday I burn about 3200 calories a day without exercise, if I eat significantly too much for even one day, I'm going to have to do some serious exercise to make up for it.

Weight loss has been at the top of my goals list for a long time, and I'm ready to do something about it.

This challenge will be 28 days (since it's four weeks) and end on September 20th. I hope to be about 4 pounds lighter. If I am, it seems likely that I'll decide the effort is worth it and press on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home